Rather than throw a bunch of stats at you, I’ll keep this short and sweet:
- Inventory is painfully low.
- Realistically priced homes in popular areas sell in a few days (or hours), often with multiple offers.
- Interest rates are fluctuating wildly on the current stock market turmoil. I think most experts would argue that the long term pressure and trend is for rates to rise, which is exacerbating the drive for buyers to purchase now before the cost of financing rises further.
- There has not been a better time in recent history to sell your home in the City of Atlanta.
Its tough out there right now and people do “fight” over in-demand properties, but I can help you get through it.
If You are Buying:
- Register at scott.viewhomesforsaleatlanta.com.
- Get your financing in order. Get as far in the loan underwriting process as your lender will allow without a purchase contract on a specific property.
- Set up showings with me for properties that interest you as quickly as possible.
- Make the strongest offer you are comfortable making up front and be willing to walk if it doesn’t get the house. Don’t waste time playing the negotiation game. Too often, it just allows more time for other competing offers to come in on the property.
Thinking of Selling?
- Set up an appointment with me to view your home. We’ll talk about a customized marketing system to get the most money out of your house in the shortest amount of time possible.
- Check with your lender and see if you need to sell your current home before you can execute the purchase of your next house.
- Start researching short to medium term housing options in the event that your home sells before we find you the right house to make your next home.
- Breathe. Its good to be the one holding the house right now. If you bought more than 2 or 3 years ago you are likely in really good shape and we can get you through this with as little stress as possible.